Sunday, May 11, 2008

Letting Go

You know what makes letting go of a crush so hard? The fear that the minute you let go...they'll catch on."

"Letting go isn't about giving up. It's about accepting that there are things that cannot be."

"Letting go is when love hurts the most."

"Same old story that everybody knows, it's one heart holding on, one heart letting go."

"You hug him good-bye like it's nothing... while all you want to do is hold on forever...but you let go, smile and walk away... then cry all the way home because you know it will never be the same... because try as you might you can't make someone love you, sometimes you have to let them be free... and letting go, that is when love hurts the most of all."

"And so it finally happened. My poor, twelve-year-old heart finally crumbled into a little pile of dust and blew away. It was over. I was never going to get her back. It was time for a little self-respect. It was time to let go. Time to move on." - The Wonder Years

"I made the choice to finally go because I can't stand this pain. It's time for my last tear to fall and me to smile again."

"One of these days you'll realize how I was the one for you. How you threw it all away. And when that day comes, I'll smile and tell you the same things you once told me. That you're my friend. And that's all I want us to be. And maybe, if you're lucky, you'll open your eyes, and see how those words can never be comforting. And you'll never say them again."

"I always knew how to smile just so that they thought I wasn't crying on the inside. I was ready to drown in the tears I hide, hanging on to a thread of hope so foreign to me that I sometimes doubted it even existed. The damage has been done, I'm sick of the tears. I'm giving up now but still... I love you."

"It's easy to let go when holding on hurts so bad."

"I don't want to lose you but I don't want to use you just to have someone by my side." - Patty Smyth

"Sometimes you have to let someone go to see if there is anything worth holding on to."

"Since you've been gone, you're all I can think about, baby. It gets me all choked up. This heart of mine keeps dreaming of you. And it's crazy babe and I think I've had enough." - Toni Braxton

"We had said good-bye so many times before, but somehow our paths always managed to cross and we ended up in each other's arms. But now when we said this good-bye I have this feeling that I will never see you again. And that really hurts because I know that we are meant to lead our own separate lives. And I honestly don't wanna cross your path in the future cause I don't want all these feelings to come back and have to try to get over all over again."

"I guess we've had our fun but it seems our fun is over now and that's all right it's all right time for me to move along and after all is said and done I'll be all right it's all right. Tell me something that's sure to break my heart 'cause everything's my fault. And I know I deserve to be alone 'cause everything's my fault." - FenixTx

"There would come a time when we have to stop loving someone not because that person started hating us but because we found out that they'd be happier if we let them go..."

"A sad thing in life is when you meet someone who means a lot to you, only to find out that it wasn't meant to be and you just have to let go.."

"Letting go isn't a one-time thing, it's something you have to do everyday, over and over again." - Dawson's Creek

"It's really painful to say goodbye to someone else that you don't want to let go, but it's even more painful to ask someone to stay if you can never make the relationship work out the way it should."

"To let go isn't to forgot, not to think about, or ignore. It doesn't leave feelings of anger, jealousy, or regret. Letting go isn't about winning or losing. It's not about pride and it's not about how you appear, and it's not obsessing or dwelling on the past. Letting go isn't blocking memories or thinking sad thoughts, and doesn't leave emptiness, hurt, or sadness. It's not about giving in or giving up. Letting go isn't about loss and it's not about defeat. To let go is to cherish the memories, but to overcome and move on. It is having an open mind confidence in the future. Letting go is learning and experiencing and growing. To let go is to be thankful for the experiences that made you laugh, made you cry, and made you grow. It's about all that you have, all that you had, and all that you will soon gain. Letting go is having the courage to accept change, and the strength to keep moving. Letting go is growing up. It is realizing that the heart can sometimes be the most potent remedy. To let go is to open a door, and to clear a path and set yourself free."

"The pain is just too strong right now and the tears are still lingering on my face. That's why I think it is best that I just let go."

"And I will face the world around me knowing that I'm strong enough to let you go. And I will fall in love again because I can." - Leann Rimes, 'One Way Ticket'

"Moving on is simple, it's what you leave behind that's hard." "How do you prepare a heart to be broken, or dreams to fall through? How do you let go of a miracle who means everything to you? How do you walk away, with the tears in your eyes.... letting go isn't easy...you just pray you can survive."

"I hate being put in this position.. I'm forcing myself to let go of the one person that I need in my life. He's the only thing that makes sense, but at the same time, the one thing that complicates me.. I know that I'm better off without him, yet I feel empty whenever I try to let go...but I guess that emptiness is better than constant hurt."

"I wonder who will I love and who will I see, but most of all I wonder who will I be? It seems like yesterday I had it all and nothing was wrong, but the times are changing and I am moving on..." - Weekend Excursion

"Yes, it hurt. It's hard letting go of something that you didn't know you were hoping for." - General Hospital

"I'm on the road to getting over you, I just hope my heart doesn't make any pit stops along the way." - Allison Mosher

"Letting go of you was the hardest thing I've ever had to do." - Michelle

"Never took the time to think of all the love that we have shared. I realized that most of the time you were just not there. It was hard for me to see when, when your love was blinding me, but now I know I have to let you go your separate way." - Brandy, 'Learn the Hard Way'

"I made the choice to finally go cause I can't stand this pain. It's time for my last tear to fall and me to smile again." - Brandy, 'Tomorrow'

"I loved you, I still do, but you hurt too much to keep."

"You smile when you feel like crying, you act like you're okay, when you're falling apart inside and you let it go. You move on, because there's nothing else you can do."

"How can I get you to see that I'm falling apart since you've been gone? I could never be sure I could ever let go your love is much too strong. There are some things that I guess I'll never know, when you love someone you gotta learn to let them go..." - Stevie B.

"Giving up does not mean you are weak it only means that you are strong enough to let go!"

"I think it's time that I let you go. And it's really hard for me to do because I know that there's a part of me that will be in love with you for the rest of my life. But this whole running in place and day dreaming is just not healthy for either of us. " - Dawson's Creek

"When you lose a part of yourself to somebody you know, it takes a lot to let go. Every breath that you remember, pictures fade away, but memory is forever." - New Found Glory

"Ooh it's enough for me to know that you're in love, now I'll let you go." - Wilson Phillips

"How do you expect me to move on, to let you go, when I see you everyday and talk to you constantly? We can't be together, I know that, so I want you out of my life, completely. I can't be friends with you because seeing your face and hearing your voice just makes me think about how much I love you, and then about how I can't be with you. This is the easiest way for me, to let go of something, I have to let go of it completely, even if it means we can't be friends."

"You didn't have to treat me the way that you did but I didn't have to go along with it. There's no excuse for what you did to me and there's no excuse for why I continue to let it happen. So the only thing that can make it any better is for me to just move on."

"I'm learning to live without you now, but I miss you sometimes. The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again." - Don Henley,

"I could hold on a little tighter, I know, but when you love someone you gotta let them go, I'm gonna smile cause I wanna make you happy, laugh so you can't see me cry, I'm gonna let you go in style and even if it kills me, I'm gonna smile." - Lonestar

"Some people think that it's holding on that makes you strong, but sometimes it's just letting go."

"Once again I'm thinking about taking the easy way out.. but if I let you go, I will never know what my life would be, holding you close to me. Will I ever see you smiling back at me, how will I know if I let go?"

"So I know I say the things I want to say, sometimes it's better letting go this way, I'll always know down in my soul: we really had so far to go. I've given all I've had to give and now it's time for me to live." - Sozzi

"I'm da bird. And this bird is movin' on. This bird is flyin' solo." - Boy Meets World

"it's not that we didn't love each other, it's just love wasn't enough. So I think I have to let go, we have to let go." - Charmed

"I think... in a way, that... it's good, you know? I mean, maybe it's the only way that we could finally stand on our own. You know, to... hurt each other so much that we have no choice but to let go. Maybe otherwise we never would." - Dawson's Creek

"The hardest recovery is from the heartache of another kind. I'm still drying my own tears, getting over my own fears in life. So I wanna make sure this time, that I'm strong enough...to give it my all." - Athena Cage

"So yeah, I like you and yeah, you mean so much to me. But I'm tired of getting treated like crap just because you know you can. I'm not going to let you anymore." - Michelle Burns

1 comment:

liliosa_g said...

i know i deceive people especially those who are close and love me... i look so strong and act so strong it's because i need to and i want to,,, i decided to let him go because its for the benefit of everyday... now i need to stand my grounds and start picking all the pieces... it's hard but i am fully decided... no turning back... - liliosa_g-